I buy expensive suits. They just look cheap on me. – Warren Buffett
- Attorneys, expert witnesses, bailiffs and clerks: Suit and tie, nice suit for women
- Lay witnesses: Nicely dressed, suit and tie not necessary
- Costumes are not allowed
- Witnesses may wear normal clothes that fit the role, e.g., if the witness should appear vulnerable, avoid power clothes
- Some witnesses may wear a suit and tie because it it’s their role. For instance if they are a businessperson or an accountant.
- All of this is a judgment call the team and coach want to make. Some team, who can afford it, all dress in the same coordinated black and white sits for affect.
- Be aware that income levels vary for team members and some students cannot afford nice suits, ties, dress shoes and so forth.
- Consider using club funds and an outing to local thrift stores to buy clothes for team embers who cannot afford them. This can become a fun event for everyone!